Metal Punching & Spinning of a Stainless Steel Globe Base for the Lighting Fixture Industry
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Metalspun Products Co., Inc. provides custom metal spinning of components for a variety of industries. Our CNC lathes are equipped with the most modern technology, producing parts three times more efficiently than hand spinning. This globe base is used to mount electrical lighting fixtures in marine application, and is made of 316 marine grade stainless steel. The bases were shaped and threaded on our Giotto-400 Playback Spinning Lathe. After spinning, the specified hole pattern was punched on our press and parts were trimmed and deburred as needed.
The finished base is 6-1/8" in diameter and 3" tall with fractional tolerances of ±1/32" and decimal tolerances of ±.020". Bases underwent dimensional inspection using our CMM equipment before shipment to our customer in Pearland, Texas. We produced 260 of these globe bases with a lead time of 5 weeks. For more information about this custom metal spinning project, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Metal Punching & Spinning Project Highlights
- Product Name
- 6" Stainless Steel Globe Base
- Product Description
- This Globe Base is used to mount electric lights for marine applications.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Giotto-400 Playback Spinning Lathes, Punch Press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Ø 6-1/8" Diameter x 3" Height
- Tightest Tolerances
- Fractions: ± 1/32"
Decimals: ± 0.020"
- Material Used
- 316 Stainless Steel
- Material Finish
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, CMM Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Electric Lighting Fixtures
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 5 weeks
- Delivery Location
- Pearland, Texas
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
Back to Top